I have been working in the IT industry for around 15 years now mainly for corporate enterprises but for the last 3-4 years, I have been working for service providers. I’m a generalist rather than a specialist and have worked on many technologies.
Core skills include:
- Design and implementation of various VMware products including ESX(i), vSphere and vCenter platforms
- Design and engineering of large scale Cloudstack 2.x & 3.x series, Cloud portal platforms
- Cloud automation using (v)Cloud APIs, Python, Puppet, Github, Jenkins Continuous Integration
- Citrix XenServer 5x / 6x and VMware ESX 3x/4x/5x hypervisors
- Puppet 2.x / 3.x, Puppet Master, Puppet DB and Puppet Dashboard, Puppet razor design and engineering.
- Linux Redhat & CentOS 5x / 6x, Ubuntu 10/12 LTS Mysql 5x, Apache Tomcat configuration
- Windows Microsoft 2012, 2008 R2 & 2003 Active Directory 2003/2008
- Windows Microsoft SQL 2005/2008; SSRS, SSIS and Database Administration and implementation
- Python 2.x / Django 1.x, Shell / Bash, automation and monitoring tools (Git, Jenkins, Nagios and Jasper).
- BIG IP f5 and NetScaler SDX/VPX design and configuration including advance iRules and NS policies
- Advanced web server management for Apache, Nginx and IIS.
- Github and gitlab usage, implementations and administration for scripts and code source control
- Juniper EX & SRX Switching, Security, Routing inc. OSPF and BGP
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft DNS and Linux BIND services
- Object based storage solutions including EMC Atmos and Carringo
- Web 2.0 technologies including front end cloud portal implementation and administration.
- HP, HP blade chassis and IBM xSeries server hardware
- Dell Equallogics, IBM DS, EMC Clarion, NexSan, LSI, Datacore SAN symphony.
- EMC NetApp storage solutions including data ONTAP, NFS, CIFS, snapview and snapmirror solutions
- ISCSI converged networks using zfs, nfs, hadoop, redhat OCFS
- Microsoft exchange 2003/2007/2010 administration and configuration as well as good knowledge of SMTP
- Desktop application automation and configuration using VBS, Powershell and MSI technologies
Large scale project experience includes:
- Multiple implementations of strategic upgrades, application bug fixes, platform service improvements, complex infrastructure redesign work for high available critical customer public cloud service adhering to strict change control and publishing supporting documentation for public review
- Implementation of public and private cloud deployments for Tata Communications using automated orchestration solutions and tools including Puppet, Cloudstack API, gitlab and Jenkins.
- Implementation of Ninefold Cloud solution integrated with Cloudstack 2.x series using Juniper virtual networking. Managing large scale deployments of XenServer 5.6 and VMware ESXi4, managing and maintaining a complex and pioneering cloud offering for Australia and APAC
- Technical lead for a virtualisation implementation using VMware ESX and SAN technologies, virtualising 80% of server infrastructure, managing and monitoring underlying infrastructure.
- Technical lead for a number of SOE desktop implementations, using various desktop management technologies and automation tools, including desktop management application software and VB scripting tools
Microsoft Certified Professional ID: 6673778
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Messaging Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certification Exams Completed Successfully
Microsoft exam description
- 297 Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
- 294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
- 293 Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- 284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- 291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- 290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- 270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Juniper Certification valid from 2011 – 2014
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate-Junos (JNCIA-Junos)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS-SEC)
Citrix XenServer 5.6 Administration and Configuration
- 1Y0-A24 XenServer 5.6
VMware ESX 3x and Virtual Centre
- Passed VMware 3.0 VCP exam
- VMware 3.0 Technical Sales Professional
- VMware 3.0 Sales Professional